Finding the right scoliosis treatment can be a long and frustrating journey. First, you get the diagnosis and all the overwhelming emotions that come with it. Then you’re presented with the potential treatment options—usually bracing, surgery, or “wait and see.” Finally, there’s endless digging, online or at the library, to find a better alternative.
If you or your child has scoliosis, help is at your fingertips. Thanks to emerging research, we’ve gained new insights into why and how scoliosis curves progress. This has allowed us to develop a treatment program that’s been proven effective at stabilizing and even reversing curves in nine out of 10 patients.
Every scoliosis curve is different, and each ScoliSMART treatment plan is tailored to the patient’s needs and goals. Ready to get started? Follow the steps below to begin the next phase of your scoliosis journey.
STEP 1: Research the options
Every scoliosis curve is different, and each ScoliSMART treatment plan is uniquely tailored to the patient’s needs. Is the curve small or severe? Is the patient mature or still growing? The answers will help guide your treatment.
In our experience, the most informed patients achieve the greatest success. Understanding how our program works—by tackling scoliosis from multiple angles—empowers you to squeeze the most possible benefit from your treatment. Start building your foundation now by learning more about each aspect of our scoliosis treatment program, including:
- ScoliSMART Activity Suit. Scoliosis stems from a miscommunication between the brain and muscles. Our program uses an active resistance suit that retrains the brain to correct scoliosis curves naturally. Unlike a rigid brace, the ScoliSMART Activity Suit allows full motion while leveraging every movement to help unwind the spine.
- ScoliSMART exercises. Our unique scoliosis exercise harness the power of Auto Response Training to engage and strengthen the involuntary muscles that control the spine’s alignment. When performed wearing the ScoliSMART Activity Suit and other specialized equipment, they help build new muscle memory and rebalance the body’s posture.
- Nutritional support. Recent studies suggest an imbalance of chemicals in the brain (known as neurotransmitters) may contribute to scoliosis. The right nutritional supplements can help bring these chemicals back into balance and strengthen communication between the brain and muscles. Boosting neurotransmitter levels through nutrition helps enhance the effectiveness of our exercises.
- Scoliosis BootCamp. Our 10-day, in-clinic scoliosis treatment program helps jumpstart your home exercise routine and lay the foundation for long-term curve reduction. With moderate-intensity exercise training designed to unlock the spine’s flexibility, our boot camps are suitable for any age. We offer targeted programs for small curves, moderate to severe curves, and adults with scoliosis.
- Adult treatment options. For adults with scoliosis, help can be hard to find. Depending on their age, scoliosis type, and curve severity, adults who seek treatment may choose to focus on reversing their curves, slowing spinal degeneration, relieving pain, or just getting a little support in their day-to-day activities.
STEP 2: Request an information kit
Once you’ve had the chance to explore our scoliosis treatment approach, we can start narrowing down your needs based on the patient’s age and location. Filling out a quick form by clicking “Upload X-Rays button” at the top of our website is all it takes to get the ball rolling. Once you contact us, we’ll send you the information you need to help you prepare for your first consultation with a ScoliSMART doctor.
STEP 3: Send us your X-rays
While you’re combing through your information packet, we can start taking a look at your X-rays. This helps us evaluate the patient’s condition before we talk to you on the phone, so we can recommend the best treatment plan. You can upload your X-rays on our website by scrolling down to the section labeled “Are You Ready to Get Started?” and clicking the “Upload Now” button.
Don’t have a digital file to upload? Create one by:
- Holding the X-ray film against a window and taking a photo with your phone.
- Taking a photo or screenshot of your X-ray on your computer.
STEP 4: Talk to a doctor
Shortly after we receive your X-rays, we’ll reach out to schedule your free phone consultation with a ScoliSMART doctor. It’s your opportunity to ask questions, learn about which treatment options are recommended for your situation, and discuss your next steps.
The sooner you or your child begins scoliosis treatment, the better your chances of achieving long-term curve reduction. Contact us today and take the first step toward a stronger, straighter spine.